WHEN: Saturdays, January 27 - March 10 (No class 2/10)
TIME: 2:00 - 4:00
GRADES: 4th - 8th
DESIGN - PRINT - RACE!
- Learning about & executing the design cycle
- Identifying Need or Problem to Solve
- Collecting Data & research
- Testing & Evaluation
- Improvements, Modifications & Feedback
- Designing their own gutter car via TinkerCad
- 3D printing their own gutter car
- Learning about and mastering oral presentation skills
- and much more!
But Print My Ride is much more than learning about the design cycle or designing & printing a gutter car. It allows kids to dream, take chances, and create the things they imagine… these are the skills of entrepreneurs, innovators and change makers.
Through the hands-on practical problem solving, interdisciplinary learning and the development of transferable skills, your child will imagine a world of boundless opportunities.
2018 Newton's Road Gutter Car Derby - March 17, 2018
This event is open to all students K-12 within the Traverse Bay Area Intermediate School District. Students will compete in teams consisting of 2-5 students against their peers. For teams more than 5 people, please contact Drea Weiner for consideration.
Drea Weiner, STEM Education Coordinator
Office: (231) 922-6560
The 2018 details will be released soon. Here are the details and rubrics from last year's event: http://3dprinting.tbaisd.org/2017-gutter-car-derby/